Thursday, June 4, 2009

Swimming lessons


Sabrina floated on her back all by herself.

Samantha just coming out of the water. (doing those bobs)


Waiting for lessons to start.






I signed up the kids for swimming lessons. After the first day Stephen was promoted to the same class as Sarah and Samantha. He thought that was so cool. They are all working on strokes etc. Sabrina is in the level one class blowing bubbles. They are all thrilled to be going and the most heard phrase in our house is "When are we leaving for swimming lessons?" It is 4 times a week for 40 min. These are pictures I took on day two. Yesterday (day 3) the older kids got to jump off the diving board. Of course my kids passed over the high dive and stuck to the regular one. Sarah and Stephen think it's rather scary. Sabrina's class got out early and she trotted over to the diving area and wanted to know if she could do it too. The teacher said ok just once. I really thought she would get to the end and come back because she was scared. No not Sabrina. She got to the end of the board and tried to bounce the board as high as she could in three bounces and jumped right in. I know I wasn't that brave at 5. I have a feeling she will be the fish of the family. Stephen just spends everyday driving home telling me how much he wishes he had a deep swimming pool now with a diving board.

3 comments:

Randy said...

Good to get those kids wet. I'm sure all the time Todd will spend taking them out in the boat warrants lessons for the kids.

Kristin and Jay said...

I love swimming lessons. Something about the strong sent of chlorine that makes me happy.

cstowell said...

It is so fun to see your kids enjoying the water. Take as many lessons as you can and enjoy them for me!!!You may have some budding swim team members there!!!