I have to write something about the elections today. It feels like the night before Christmas and I just want to open my presents and forget about the anticipation. I would just like to turn on the news and to have the winners declared.
This is the first year that I have ever missed voting in an actual polling place. Washington is now an all absentee ballot state. There is just something to be said about going and standing in line to go in that voting booth and cast your vote. It is sad that some people will never be able to experience that for themselves. It is more because when an important issue comes along you would like to see your fellow citizens participating in the process right along side of you. It is also fun to walk around all day with your I voted sticker on helping to remind others of the duty that they should also perform.
Todd was filing out his vote this last Sunday. It took him quite a while and after some time Samantha asked Dad about what he was doing. After he told her that he was voting Samantha said when mom voted it gave her a headache. Apparently my mumbles about the quantity of issues and people that I had to read and study about were over heard by the kids. I think that just about sums up how I feel this year about elections. It gives me a headache, mostly because of my frustration that most individuals are not given accurate information about each candidate. It is hard sometimes to figure out what to believe when later you find out that some things said are just plain lies. I think that reporters, newspapers, television, and ads should be fined if what they have stated is a fabrication of the truth. Maybe that would be the only way to get everyone on the same page. Ok that's about it for my rant. I just had to share it with someone.
3 comments:
I too felt like I had to choose between one set of baggage for another.
Gave me a headache too!
Amen!!!
I am so VERY glad it is over!!
Do give me a call when you are here! We need to get together--oh and I bought a house so I have moved. Catch you soon!
Kristina
Hi Debra! Sadly, I just read your comment on my blog. I don't know how I missed it before. Great to hear from you. Your children are beautiful!
Rene
Post a Comment