Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I have been having computer issues lately. I guess the computer had to have it's turn catching a virus this Christmas holiday. I am not quite sure how Christmas came and went in one long blink. I have never had such a short holiday in my life. We managed to get up our decorations only two weeks before Christmas and on Monday when Todd was home still sick he took down the tree and lights.

As Todd and the kids were putting things away Samantha declared she was anti decorating (she really ment to say undecorate) so the rest of the afternoon I had to tease Samantha and her anti decorating because it really was rather funny. So Tue. I packed up the rest of the decorations and got the LR back in order. It always seems so much bigger after having to make way for a tree.

We have enjoyed all the snow we have had this year. We usually don't get more than a sprinkle so it was rather fun. A few days after Christmas it was a shock to let Molly out to the backyard for her morning potty break and to feel like a heat wave had hit. Now I say it felt like a heat wave and that was because it was almost 40 outside. Which pretty much sums up how cold this winter has been. Now that we are back in the normal winter temps I am always thinking the house is too warm as I was getting so accustomed to the 15 degree weather.

Samantha was at a sleepover last night so after I picked her up this morning I suggested we head on over to Target to see how low the Christmas decorations were. Lets just say I had way too much fun and next year our house will be even more decked out with the potted pre lit trees, ornaments, lights and reindeer I picked up. At the cash registar Samantha said she would hide all the bags of chocolate we bought so I wouldn't be tempted. Such a thoughtful girl she is. The sad part is I will probably take her up on the offer. 75% off is my favorite shopping time of the year the only thing that beats it is 90% at Walmart.

It is nice to have the kids home for such a long break. I am looking forward to tax season. I have no idea why I get such a thrill doing tax tech support. It ends up with me talking a lot outloud to the computer and racing to see if I can get the questions faster than the other person working. Well I guess getting payed to interact with people on the computer is nice also. Everyone always seems so polite and grateful, and those that are grouchy just make me laugh. I guess I have a twisted sense of humor sometimes.

It has been nice to get in all that extra reading to kids, cuddling up to a movie, and baking something. I really wish the kids could always be home but not so much that I would homeschool them. I know Sarah is ready for school to start not beacause she likes it but for the routine of it all. I rented Wall e today so we will watch that tonight. None of us has seen it so it should be fun. P.S. Did you know if your Mom writes you a check even if you have been married a while (almost 15 years) and still makes it out to your madien name the bank will still let you deposit it. You just have to endorse it once as your maiden name and once with your married name and you don't have to call up your Mom and remind her you are married and to write you a new check. :) Sorry it made me laugh at the bank.

2 comments:

Labadie Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I'm so glad.

Enjoy the snow--we have had an overabundance and while it was so very pretty, I am glad it is mostly gone. At least for now. We've missed enough school.

CarolT said...

At least I remembered your first name! I hope you remembered what the check was to be used for. Love Mom